Descend to the depths of primal horror with this chilling collection of original stories drawn from H. P. Lovecraft's shocking, terrifying, and eerily prescient Cthulhu mythos.
In twenty-one dark visions, a host of outstanding contemporary writers tap into our innermost fears, with tales set in a misbegotten new world that could have been spawned only by the master of the macabre himself, H. P. Lovecraft.
Inside you'll find:
- Details by China Mièville: A curious boy discovers that within the splinters of cracked wood or the tangle of tree branches, the devil is in the details.
- Visitation by James Robert Smith: When Edgar Allan Poe arrives, a callow man finally gets what he always wanted and what he may eternally despise.
- Meet Me on the Other Side by Yvonne Navarro: A couple in love with terror travels beyond their wildest dreams and into their nightmares.
- A Fatal Exception Has Occurred At... by Alan Dean Foster: Internet terrorism extends far beyond transmitting threats of evil.
- Dark of the Moon by James Dorr: A cosmonaut watches helplessly as her husband walks on the surface of the moon into inescapable horror.
- Spectacle of a Man by Weston Ochse: Crucifixion becomes a seductive maelstrom of madness with this postmodern twist on an ancient torture.
The true horror of Lovecraft's extraordinary fiction lies in the unknown. He beguiles us with very real worlds filled with sheer terror, which lie just beyond comprehension. Children of Cthulhu features twenty-one modern masters who bring Lovecraft's original ideas and stark images roaring into the twenty-first century in all their grisly, godless glory.