Curious what a certain term means in a book contract? Not sure what the difference is between an easy reader and a picture book? Can’t tell a Newbery from a Nebula?
Pub Speak: A Writer’s Dictionary of Publishing Terms is a dictionary for both new and established authors that contains over 400 definitions, including:
- contract and royalty terms
- ebooks and audiobooks
- fiction and non-fiction
- publishing terms
- retailers, book clubs, wholesalers and distributors
- social networking and collaborative publishing
- trade associations, events and publications
- writer’s organizations, awards and publications
Writers can read the dictionary all the way through to gain a more thorough understanding of the industry, or use the dictionary to look up terms as needed. The book is not designed to replace an agent or editor, but to help authors become informed partners in the business of publishing.