Blogging is quickly becoming a must for both the aspiring and established author. Maintaining a blog is a great way to grow your audience, promote your writing, and best of all its free. The next important thing to do is to engage your readers and encourage them to comment. This is very easy to do in fact there are numerous articles devoted to the subject. Below I've listed some tips for getting more activity on your blog.
1. Invite your family and friends to comment: Tap into your network of family and friends by asking them leave comments on your blog.
2. You can generate more comments simply by asking for them: Place a sentence at the end of every post encouraging readers to comment.
3. Reply to comments with leading questions: Reply to as many comments as you possibly can. In those replies, look for opportunities to ask your readers relevant questions. This turns a single comment into an interesting conversation.
4. Leave comments for others: Read other Red Room blogs and leave comments on the blogs that interest you most. These authors will then leave comments for you too.
5. Place a link to your blog in your email signature: Most of us send and receive emails every day. Take advantage of this by adding a brief description of your blog to your email signature. When others receive your email they may be curious enough to click on the link and read your blog.
The best advice of all is to keep blogging. If you blog regularly and ask for comments you will get them. Who knows, you may be the next internet superstar.
If you read this post and enjoyed it please leave me a comment below.