Okay, so it might be a strange analogy, but that's the way it usually is. Everyone around us is getting snow. We have predictions of snow. It's supposed to snow. 40% chance. 60% chance. No snow.
I get up this morning at 5:30, make hot tea, no snow, I knew it and begin working on The Highland Wolf in Paradise, return 4 hours later to get another cup of tea,
Now, before my Northern friends start laughing too much, we rarely, rarely get any snow. So it's a big deal. LOL :) Just like rolling blackouts and frozen pipes.
It was very dark and gray out, but I didn't mind. I was at home working on my manuscript...but today when I have to go into work, that might be a different story!
The worst of it was, I got a call from my daughter's apt manager last night because she was in classes and they couldn't get hold of her. Her apartment had been flooded and the ceiling collapsed. Ruined her computer, tv, some of her college books. argh. She'd had the same problem as me--frozen hot water pipes. Insurance will hopefully cover it. Luckily she wasn't home when it happened and she had her laptop with her. What a mess. But it made me realize how important it had been to stay home until my pipes had thawed out before I left for work on Thursday.
Happy Snow Day! And hope this was the worst of it!
"Giving new meaning to the term alpha male."