Poorly handled Point of View is a leading reason agents and editors reject manuscripts. What is Point of View? Simply, it's who's telling the story in any given scene. It's the character through whose senses the reader experiences what's going on. There are no 'rights' or 'wrongs' but choosing the wrong POV can keep the reader from being drawn into the story. Readers need to bond with character, and POV is one tool the writer uses to develop that connection.
This workshop will also focus on using Deep POV. Participants will have a chance to learn about the following topics:
Recognizing the different types of point of view: 1st person, 3rd person, omniscient.
* Using Deep POV to connect your readers to your characters.
* The differences between deep and shallow point of view
* Choosing the best POV for each manuscript and/or scene
* Using POV to get the reader engaged with the character
* Pitfalls of the wrong POV choices
* How to handle more than one POV character
* How to manage transitions between POV characters
Register for the workshop at Savvy Authors.