VMware is the leading virtual machine software available today and it is the foundation for next generation computing as it allows users to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on the same PC. The VMware Workstation 5.0 Handbook teaches users the nuts and bolts of this powerful program, including how to install and upgrade VMware and use its guest operating systems. It gives administrators and developers everything they need to know in order to use VMware Workstation effectively, including how to configure, run, and troubleshoot virtual machines. Step-by-step tutorials allow users to work with the software as they read, and real-world examples and software screenshots reinforce the tutorials and make understanding this powerful new technology easy. With this book, users will learn all the skills necessary to use VMware effectively in corporate IT infrastructures.
- Provides the only complete guide to VMware Workstation 5
- Covers the essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support
- Teaches the nuts and bolts of VMware Workstation, including how to install it on a Windows® and Linux® platform, troubleshoot and trace common problems, configure complex virtual networks, move, share, and work with virtual machines and disks, and performance tune virtual machines to fit various needs
- Presents the material through step-by-step, real-world tutorials that allow users to work with the software as they work through the projects
- Includes a CD-ROM with a demo version of VMware Workstation 5, Leostream 5, VMware documentation, and all the figures from the book