An unprecedented gathering of publishing professionals, some of the smartest on the planet. They represent today’s broad range of publishing opportunities – self publishing, traditional, small press and hybrid. This is a new kind of event that puts emerging authors and small publishers in the driver’s seat and gives them the information they need to create a customized roadmap for success! PubSmart is about introducing new models that lead to smart decisions about how to seize opportunities in today's transformed book marketplace. Come celebrate the new golden age of publishing and learn how to PubSmart!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Traditionally published authors who want to improve sales and discover new markets and avenues for their work
- Self-published authors who want to reach more readers
- Aspiring authors seeking guidance from industry professionals
- Independent publishers who want to better serve their authors and improve their performance
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How editors/agents can help further your publishing goals
- Steps to build your author platform, brand and persona
- Insights from publishing professionals including successful authors, agents, editors, designers, marketers and social media gurus
- Where book publishing and marketing is headed in the digital era
- How to build sales and buzz through reviewers, mass media and book clubs
- Today’s methods of raising funds, using discoverability tools and increasing distribution