The holiday season is for loving and serving others. It is not the time to be selfish, greedy and eccentric. So try these few things during the holidays while you are with your loved ones (even if they tend to annoy you!)
- Say something nice and compliment others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
- Avoid catastrophizing. You know...making a mountain out of a molehill. Enjoy the moment, the present day. Your unfortunate circumstance could change to a positive event overnight.
- Bless your enemies. Better yet, have no enemies at all. Even if someone might not like you, send them love, peace and happiness.
- Remember that giving is much more fulfilling than receiving. Give and happy you are able to do it.
- Do something good--a random act of kindness--and don't expect anything in return. Not a compliment or acknowledgement. Just give for the sake of giving.
- Remember we all have a purpose in life. Think about what you believe to be your purpose and do one thing everyday to make that purpose expand.
- Remember God, His will, His love and forgiveness. Be happy for every day you are given.
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Seasons Greetings, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. May all of you be blessed with good health, peace and happiness in 2012 and always.