Red Room congratulates the following authors and members on their achievements.
- New Novel: Joyce Maynard's new novel, Labor Day (William Morrow), will be released on July 28. It is "a story of love, sexual passion, painful adolescence, and devastating betrayal as seen through the eyes of a thirteen-year-old boy--and the man he later becomes."
- New Novel: Richard Jay Parker is the author of the soon-to-be-released horror novel Stop Me (Allison & Busby).
- New Novel: Cheryl Norman's romantic suspense novel Reclaim My Life (Medallion Press) will be released in September.
- New Memoir: Michael Anthony's first book, Mass Casualties: A Young Medic's True Story of Death, Deception, and Dishonor in Iraq (Adams Media) will be published in October.
- New Collection: Loren Rhoads is the editor of a collection of essays from the cult nonfiction magazine Morbid Curiosity (which she was also the editor of). The collection, Morbid Curiosity Cures the Blues (Scribner), will be released in September.
- Accidentally on Television: Mary F. Pols's memoir Accidentally on Purpose: The True Tale of a Happy Single Mother (Harper Perrenial, 2009) has been made into a new sitcom that will be premiering on CBS this fall.
Here are just a few of the authors who have recently joined Red Room. Welcome to all our new members and authors!
- Kate Clinton is a well-known political humorist and the author of I Told You So (Beacon Press, 2009), a collection of her comedy routines and published columns. (The book is also available as an audiobook.) She "believes that humor gets us through peacetime, wartime, and scoundrel time"; her show "Yes on K8" will tour the United States and Canada this year.
- Nick Belardes is the author of the trivia collection Random Obsessions: Trivia You Can't Live Without (Viva Editions); it will be released in August (follow the preceding link to read a brief excerpt), as well as the novel Lords: Part One (Noveltown, 2005). Belardes describes himself as a "madcap historian of random obessions," as well as a novelist and journalist.
- Emma Darwin is the author, most recently, of the novel A Secret Alchemy (HarperCollins, 2008). (Follow the preceding link to read a brief excerpt.) Darwin lives in London, where she is finishing a PhD in Creative Writing at Goldsmiths College.
Send your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.