Recent Author News, July 20
Blog Post by Red Room Well Red - Jul.20.2009 - 5:35 pm
Red Room congratulates the following authors and members on their achievements!
- Peace, Love & Understanding: Connie May Fowler has been nominated for a WMNF Peace Award, in the Peace, Love & Understanding cateogry (the award honors people who have made great strides and efforts in the areas of human rights, social and economic justice, the environment, and non-violence). Fowler works with the Afghan Women's Writing Project and is the author of multiple books, including the novel The Problem with Murmur Lee.
- Writing About Writing: Ernie Witham’s independently published memoir A Year in the Life of a "Working" Writer (Fithian Press) was released on July 15.
- A New Novel: Lisa Patton's debut novel, Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter (Thomas Dunne Books), will be released in September. Patton reads the book's prologue in an audio clip here.
- A New Novel: Raul Ramos y Sanchez's debut novel, America Libre, will be released by Grand Central Publishing this month (Ramos y Sanchez had released a self-published edition before the title was acquired by Grand Central). Follow the preceding link to read an excerpt.
- Secrets of Success: R. Kevin Price's book The Successful Retirement Guide (Rainbow Books, 2009) has received a starred review from the Library Journal of the American Library Association: "It's an inspirational guide that will provoke people of all ages to engage in new ventures and discover what life can offer."
- Short Stories: Terence Clarke's short story "His Daughter Evita" was recently published in the Tampa Review. Another story, "Explaining Himself to Eden," will be published in the Fall 2009 issue of the Chariton Review. Both stories are from Clark's collection Little Bridget and the Flames of Hell, which Clarke published in 2008 via Amazon Shorts.
Here are just two of the authors who have recently joined Red Room. Welcome to all our new members and authors!
- Lucinda B. Watson is the author of How They Achieved: Stories of Personal Achievement and Business Success (John Wiley & Sons, 2001). Watson is also a Healing Touch practitioner, as well as a poet.
- SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) is a best-selling author and artist with more than fifteen titles in print, including SARK's New Creative Companion: Ways to Free Your Creative Spirit (Celestial Arts, 205). She has been teaching and leading creativity workshops for over twenty years.