Promises for the New Year
The New Year is upon us. 2008 wasn't great but 2009 hopefully (God willing!) will be a far better year! With that said, I have made a list of Promises for a Better Year (or what most people like to call New Year's resolutions).
10. To read as many books by classic authors as humanly possible. I love to read books and I'm always open to reading books that add something of meaning to the literature world.
09. To move away from spending too much time on the Internet and learn how to spend more time living in the world. I think for me, at least for awhile, the Internet was a crutch for me. Now, I'm ready to move on with my life.
08. To walk with God and to encourage as many people as possible to walk with God.
07. To finish working on a collection of novella stories.Unfortunately, a story that I wrote over on Bibliofaction.com was erased. I will have to put it elsewhere and I may even post it here for readers.
06. Last year, I decided to rededicate my life to God. With that knowledge, in the future, I will be writing Christian fiction.
05. To eventually go back to school and complete my master's in another career field.
04. I was in a MFA in Creative Writing at Goddard College but last spring, I quit. Well, there's been speculation that I might go back but the Lord has revealed to me some things that make me realize that it would not be in my best interests to go back.
03. To find a job that is tailor-made for me that will make ME happy and to move away from people that don't have my best interests at heart.
02. To lose between 10-50 pounds, which will still make plus-size but a more comfortable plus size. I figure that's a good place to start at, right?I'm always open to reading encouraging stories from readers who managed to lose weight and maintain the weight loss for at least three years.
01. To smile more and look on the bright side of things, even when facing challenging situations.
So, what are your promises for a New Year? Make a list and act on it according to God's Word!
Until Next Time,