The winner of the Fourth Annual Short Fiction Contest is “In a Chamber of My Heart” by Sandra Gail Lambert.
The two runner-ups (in alphabetical order) are “Sky Blue” by ‘Nathan Burgoine and “What Took You So Long?” by Vince Sgambati.
Our Finalists for the 2013 Saints & Sinners Short Fiction Contest (in alphabetic order) are:
- N.S. Beranek, “Thou Shalt Not Lie”
- ‘Nathan Burgoine, “Sky Blue” (Runner-up)
- George E. Jordan, “Looking for Philip”
- Sandra Gail Lambert, “In a Chamber of My Heart” (Winning story)
- Joe Landrum, “The Favour of a Reply”
- Anne Laughlin, “It Only Occurred to Me Later”
- Jeff Lindemann, “Bruno’s Last Supper”
- JR Greenwell, “Silver Pumps and a Loose Nut”
- James Russell, “Mountainview”
- Vince Sgambati, “What Took You So Long?” (Runner-up)
- Jim Stewart, “Bucky and the Woods-Cop”
- Karis Walsh, “Stained Glass”
All of the finalist stories will be included in the anthology Saints & Sinners: New Fiction from the Festival 2013 to be published by Bold Strokes Books and released at the Book Launch Party on May 23 to launch the 10th anniversary festival.