Didn't write of the writing day yesterday. Was too busy, having a good time, working, writing, and living.
I had a busy work schedule and had to fit writing in a two hour afternoon window. Work started at 6 AM. I paused at 2:30 to go walk and write, then continued working at 5 PM, with another meeting at 6 PM. After dinner and some light yardwork, I continued writing.
But today...it's the same. and I feel fabulous, dahling.
Maybe my 99% has corraled the 1% that has such negative expectations and shut down its evil influence among my brain's inhabitants.
Not quite sure how the 1% became so powerful in my mind. It might be that they bought influence, bribing the rest. I figure my brain's 1% emerged from my darker, baser depths. It's pretty selfish and greedy. And there's a little of that in the other 99%. My 1% knows how to appeal to them. It knows that some of the rest of my 99% likes things like donuts, ice cream and pie, living as a shapeless, deflated air mattress watching television with zombie focus. "Support me," the 1% says, "and when I'm in charge, you can eat as many donuts as you want, and do whatever you want, whenever you want."
"Can I drink beer, too?" some of the 99% ask.
"Absolutely," the 1% replies. "You can eat pizza."
The 47% made appreciative noises. Seizing momentum, the 1% continued, "You can eat all the pizza you want. You're an adult. You can have pizza every night, every day, every meal. You can even smoke cigars. No one has the right to limit you but you."
It really appeals to some of me, this idea of doing what I want when I want, and to hell with all that health crap. If I had to guess it, I'd probably peg it at 30% of me, or maybe 47% of me, that is willing to disregard everything else and exercise selfishishness. They're in me just for themselves.
But my other 51% is hard working, with dreams and ambitions. Some of my 51% wants to lose weight and be fitter, figuring that doing so will enable them to be more productive, with better quality. All they want is a little space and freedom to pursue their part of my dream.
You should witness some of the conversations transpiring in my head because of all of this.
But the 99% have come together. The 47% have bought into the idea that they can trust the 51%, and the 51% are willing to share my limited resources so all of us can have some of what we all want.
Anyway, with that working agreement in effect, I had a great day working and writing yesterday, and it's continued today. I feel great. Stories are flowing, and no interruptions dismay me. It's a pretty good life.
According to 51% of me. One percent remains undecided.
Causes Michael Seidel Supports
Kiva, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom, Propublica.org, Doctors Without Borders, GreaterGood.com