2:35 pm... Have you heard of the Facebook shenanigans, 25 Random Things About Me (or You? not sure what it is called exactly)? Some blogs are calling it 25 Things I Didn't Need To Know. However, I've decided to do my own lil' list as a blog here on redroom.com. Maybe the fire will spread in here (in a good way, and not including terrible, deadly smoke inhalation). Thanks to Ian for the inspiration, I believe you can read his 25 random things in the comments section on this blog.
1. I have a Prius named Chuck, after Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl. Because I live in South Florida, sometimes I call him Carlito.
2. I bite my nails. I probably always will, I've been doing it since I was 5, and I have no intention of stopping. It relaxes me. A small vice.
3. I always cry at the same point in The Family Man, when Nicolas Cage sings "La la la la la la means I love you" to Tea Leoni. I think it's the most romantic thing.
4. I screen calls from my best friend. Not always! Sometimes. She's just so.... wacky. Yes, let's talk about the end of apartheid and the rise of the diamond trade in the Congo, at 11 pm on Tuesday night. I don't have the time to get into it, you know? Need sleep.
5. Every time someone asks me what my favorite movie is, I always forget to say Sleepless in Seattle. It's not my fave, but it's up there.
6. My mother gave me the engagement ring my father gave her, but I cannot wear it. It's not mine, it wasn't given to me. And it made me feel like a love loser because I don't have one of my own.
7. I wish I hand longer fingers and toes. They are too thick for my taste. I want a leader toe like my sister's.
8. That being said, I find feet verrry attractive. Hands too, for that matter.
9. I have good days and bad days and horrible days, but aside from stupid cosmetic stuff, I wouldn't change anything about me. I like my life. I really do.
10. Even though there's a strong possibility Chace Crawford likes guys, I would totally make out with him given the chance.
11. I am a cheap drunk. Two beers is all it takes. Vodka makes rooms spin for me.
12. I once got hammered in college, starting feeling up the velvet wall, and walked out on a $100 bar tab. I felt so badly after. It was the apple martinis.
13. I don't mind going to the gyno.
14. I have more testosterone than the average woman. I just do.
15. My stomach makes these gurgling noises all day, whether I'm hungry or full or nervous or happy. I think it's genetic. You can hear my body living.
16. I've never smoked a cigarette or done drugs in my entire life. This upsets me now. I feel like I missed out on some stupid youth thing.
17. I get crabby when I'm tired, and belligerent if I fall asleep and someone tries to wake me.
18. I hate wet-sounding words. Moist. Damp. Dank. Sopping.
19. I have 22 immediate aunts and uncles.
20. I have more than 30 first cousins. I need to make tree charts to remember all their names.
21. I'll never finish Pillars of the Earth, even though I probably should and everyone has read it.
22. I tried to force myself to like the Grateful Dead. Didn't take. I tried that with a lot of bands, actually.
23. My favorite ice cream is chocolate peanut butter. In fact, I love that combo for just about everything. I would even put it on meat.
24. I am obsessed with deep-frying a turkey and eating it.
25. I once had a fantasy about covering a guy in an edible deep-fried chicken suit and eating it off him. Still do, actually.