Time to revisit my 2012 writing resolutions (posted on January 1, 2012) and report how I’ve been doing.
First for the things I’ve accomplished.
- I participated in the January River of Stones project, writing a small stone every day of the month.
- I finished reading Doreen Cox’ Adventures in Mother Sitting and wrote and posted reviews for it. I overachieved in the review category, by finally writing and posting a review of Laura Mays Hoopes memoir Breaking the Spiral Ceiling: An American Woman Becomes A DNA Scientist.
- And I’m happy to report that my novel writing has gone very well. I’m writing a bit more than the one thousand words a week that was my commitment.
- I’m also writing a poem a week and writing my regular posts for NaturallySavvy and PsychAlive
- One of my best accomplishments of the month was finally, with the help of Ben and Marissa, my son and daughter-in-law, posting a three-minute interview up on Marla Miller’s Women Over 45 Speak website. They directed and produced the video perfectly.
However, I haven’t been so successful in a few other areas.
- I’ve fallen behind on posting every week on myFacebook poetry group pages, Poetry Pact and Poets. Writers, Photographers, Musicians, Artists ~ Networking Group – that is not to say I haven’t post at all. I’m averaging one every other week.
- But, I haven’t entered any contests or calls for publication yet; though just this day I submitted a piece for the Seven Sentences blog. Does that count? No, probably not.
- Also, I’m still weak in keeping up with other blogs – not that I’ve done no reading and commenting, just that I haven’t done enough.
So, not too bad for the first month. The main thing is that I’m writing and blogging a lot. And it’s all good.
Causes Madeline Sharples Supports
Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center, Culver City, CA
Vistamar School, El Segundo, CA
Crossroads School, Santa Monica, CA (Endowment in...