The "Cool Mamalahs" are not a roller derby team. Or a girl band. We're just six Jewish chicas crazy about being Jewish. And we're teaming up to give away the mother of all Mother’s Day Gift Boxes, valued at $150+, on May 10th, Mamalah's Day. (We're using Yiddish liberally these days.)
*A Fistful of Lentils: Syrian-Jewish Recipes from Grandma’s Fritzie’s Kitchen (Harvard Common Press) by Jennifer Felicia Abadi, retail value $24.95
* The Mama Doni Band’s “I Love Herring (& Other Fish Shticks for Kids)”, “I Love Chanukah” and “I Love Purim” music CDs, total value $25
* “Shomer Negiah Panties” designed by artist Maya Escobar, gift certificate valued at $50
* <The Modern Jewish Mom’s Guide To Shabbat: Connect and Celebrate-Bring Your Family Together with the Friday Night Meal (Harper Paperbacks) by Meredith Jacobs, retail value $16.95
* Cool Jew: The Ultimate Guide for Every Member of the Tribe (Andrews McMeel Publishing) by Lisa Alcalay Klug, retail value $12.99
* Pomegranate vases/candle holders by Israeli artist Racheli Peretz provided by Jennie Rivlin Roberts, ModernTribe.com, retail value $36
To enter to win the <strong>Call-Your-Mother Gift Box Giveaway,</strong> visit the ModernTribe.com blog and submit your answer to this question: “Why does your mom, grandmother, sister, friend, cousin or you deserve the ‘Call-Your-Mother Gift Box?’” On this page, visitors can also click through to purchase elements of the Gift Box. No purchase is required to win. Heck, you don't even have to be a mom. Or have one. (Petri dish anyone?) You just have to enter. And live in the U.S. or Canada.
The winner will be announced on Mamalah's Day, May 10th, 2009 on the websites of the “Cool Mamalahs,” here and every other place we shvitz. Don't forget to enter!
Causes Lisa Alcalay Klug Supports
One Family Fund
San Francisco AIDS Walk