Did you watch Larry King Live interviewing Micheal Moore? This interview gave me something to think about... It may not be all about politics.
Micheal Moore is a really interesting person. I may not agree with all of his ideas, but I believe he speaks what his mind has analyzed. Well, that's my perception, and even though it could not be the reality.
However, it is true it requires a lot of courage to speak out your ideas, and act respectfully to those who don't agree with you. Few people dare to contradict the common "ideas" of a population. I have thought the reasons this may happen, here they are:
- I feel lonely, and I want to belong to a close group. If I belong to that group, then I am being someone because before I felt no one. That group gives me part of my identity, so I won't contradict the general population ideas.
- I just go with the flow, and expect to be always right because everybody thinks the way I do, so I don't generate own ideas.
- I am afraid of being criticized. I don't like other people to say I am wrong. Perhaps, I am a little insecure about myself.
- I just want to have fun. I don't care. Period. Viva la Vida Loca!
- I need to think the way people do. How else will I become important? They need to respect me, and see I am trustworthy. How can people identify me as safe, but challenging? I say what I think with a little bit about what they believe. Keeping good appearances first.
- Other reasons
One things is to tell others what you think, and another one is to act aggressive to those who don't share your same opinion. To create a better world we need to start being really creative, and respect those who dare to be who they want to be. Those who want to be creative do have to respect those who prefer to be conventional, and vice versa.
My point is: You should not be disrespectful toward those who don't think like you, and vice versa. Everything is about freedom, but you cannot disassociate it from respect. If not, it stops being freedom and becomes libertinism.
It is up to each one of us how to live in freedom. I prefer the one that brings peace, and you? What do you prefer?