OPEN-MIC DAY is something I used to do about once a month over at MySpace. It became so popular, eliciting by far the most comments of any blogs I've done anywhere, it even spawned Open-Mic Days on other people's blogs. The way it works is that I basically open up my blog for others to talk to my audience in the comments section. Here's a list of some of the things you can do:
- ask a question about craft or industry, drawing on my quarter century in the book business;
- plug your own book, website, book-related business;
- share a fragment of writing, whether fiction or nonfiction or poetry;
- share good news, bad news;
- share a review;
- recommend a book;
- ask about the weather;
- really, whatever you want, because until I post a new blog next week, this space is yours.
So, with no further ado, I give you Open-Mic Day 1 on Red Room. Let's see what Red Room can do with it.
Be well. Don't forget to write.