DJINN WITH A TWIST
Blog Post by Kellyann F Zuzulo - Mar.02.2008 - 2:40 pm
In honor of the Sunday mini martini, here's a mystical concoction:
- 4 oz. Hendrick's Gin; waft of Noilly Prat dry vermouth, two lemon slices, two chilled mini martini glasses -- about 3 oz. each (mine are 1950s etched glasses from my Mother-in-law. Back then, it was less volume, more repetition.)
- Flay the flesh of lemon from the rind, and twist the rind (much as Cort Riebling is flayed by Borzal in Chapter 21 of A Genie in the House of Saud).
- Slide the pulpy lemony pieces around the insides of the glasses. Drop the curled rind in each.
- Mix the gin and vermouth over ice and shake.
- Pour into the chilled glasses.
It's called the Zubis because the vapor of it is enough to kill you.....
K. F. Zuzulo is the author of several paranormal romances and thrillers. Her romances, published by Sapphire Blue Publishing, are bestsellers at various online bookstores. Her first novel, A Genie in the House of Saud: Zubis Rises, was a winner...
Causes Kellyann Zuzulo Supports
PLAN International Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation