When I signed up to post to my blog every day in May, I was inspired by the theme that was simply “play.” I thought that could have so many possibilities, so many twists and turns. The writing prompts have been pretty one-dimensional solely focusing on playing games. I’ve never been a big game player, so now at day 22, I’m not sure if I can write about which games I’m too old to play, which games I hate to lose, etc. If I had the job of creating the prompts under the theme of “play” I would have expanded the possibilities. Here’s just a few that come to mind.
· Write about a time you were “played”
· If you could be any role in a play, what would it be?
· What does your music playlist say about you?
· Who is your favorite “player” and why?
· If you could only push one button: rewind, play or fast forward, which would you push and why?
· Write about a time that you played the fool, played coy, or played it by ear
· Write about a game that only two can play
· Writers use words. Blog about a making a play on words.
· If you could use a play action replay in your life, when would you use it and why?
· Write about when you played the devil’s advocate
· What was your favorite play date?
I guess I missed my calling as a prompter.
© Kelly Tweeddale 2012