I've been having fun with this meme outside of Red Room, so thought I'd bring it here too. Feel free to answer here and/or take it to your own Facebook or email world.
10 Things About Me
This is like the 25 Things note going around, but easier.
- Copy this whole thing into a new email or Facebook note.
- Replace my answers with yours.
- Tag or forward it to 20 people for them to answer the questions, too.
The Questions -
[These 10 questions are pulled with permission from the fill-in journal book PICTURE OF ME: Who I Am in 221 Questions (Kate & David Marshall, Broadway Books, March 2009, www.marshallbooks.net]
1. I look like this famous person or cartoon character:
2. I’m more afraid than the average person of (spiders, heights, public speaking…):
3. It ticks me off when:
4. This is the family member I’d most like to win the lottery:
5. This is the friend I can best count on to cheer me up:
6. Basically what I do in my job/school is:
7. Common sounds in my home:
8. Special or hidden talent:
9. I love this game, book or TV show:
10. This motto, saying or lyric sums up my life right now:
My answers -
1. Maybe a cross between Felicity Huffman and Eeyore.
2. Dying alone and destitute in a wet cardboard box. And public speaking, but I’m getting better about that.
3. Double plastic bags for small purchases already hermetically sealed in heavy plastic. Go naked or cloth!
4. my brother-in-law
5. my son!
6. Fight adult illiteracy one short vowel at a time. I play matchmaker between adults who read at/below a sixth grade level and volunteers who want to tutor them. I enrolled a former Sherpa as a student last week.
7. If kids are not home: "This American Life" on the radio, coffee grinding, keyboard tapping, French doors sliding, dog slurping water then burping, clothes tumbling in the dryer. If kids are home, add to that a layer of music, pots and pans clanging, cells ringing, guitar picking, laughter and general commotion.
8. I have double jointed thumbs. I try to hide it because it freaks my son out.
9. Scrabble, Boggle, Pictionary/ Shantaram, anything by Dave Eggers/ 30 Rock
10. One day at a time.
Causes Kate Marshall Supports
Project Second Chance, an adult literacy program run by the Contra Costa County Library system in California.