Did you know that William Styron put the finishing touches on Sophie’s Choice while vacationing on Salt Cay, Bahamas? Or that Anne Morrow Lindbergh worked on Gifts From The Sea during a visit to Salt Cay as well?
Now you too can practice your craft on this beautiful private Bahamian island. The Salt Cay Writers Retreat invites advanced literary and upmarket commercial fiction writers, memoirists, and narrative non-fiction writers to join us for a memorable week of writing and instruction October 20-26.
Imagine a faculty of #1 New York Times bestselling authors, top editors from the most prestigious publishers, and prominent literary agents. Add a sunset dinner cruise, swimming with dolphins as part of the curriculum, island feasts with local entertainment. Finish with plenty of time to write in a beautiful, secluded, and inspiring setting.
With 65 students and 10 faculty members, the Salt Cay Writers Retreat focuses on craft at an MFA level in a non-academic setting. Published authors who wish to take their writing to the next level are welcome to apply.
October 20-26, Salt Cay, Bahamas
Salt Cay Faculty:
- Robert Goolrick, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- Jacquelyn Mitchard, #1 New York Times bestselling author
- Chuck Adams, Executive Editor, Algonquin Books
- Amy Einhorn, Publisher and Vice President, Amy Einhorn Books
- Kate Miciak, Editorial Director and Vice President, Ballantine/Bantam Dell
- Michelle Brower, Folio Literary Management
- Steven Fisher , Vice President, Agency for the Performing Arts
- Erin Harris, Folio Literary Management
- Jeff Kleinman, Founder, Folio Literary Management
- Erin Nuimata, Senior Vice President, Folio Literary Management
For a limited time, qualified applicants save an additional $500 for a total of $1000 off the full registration price. Just put “Red Room 2013” in the “coupon code” field when you fill out the application form.
IN ADDITION, the first 3 applicants using the "Red Room 2013" coupon code will receive an additional $500 off ($1,500 off the full registration price).
The SCWR will also waive the $10 application fee. Offer expires 4/20/2013.