Guide Rating - *****
The bureaucracy of American healthcare has gotten so far out of hand that patients are being injured or made sicker. In order to make it through the system successfully, gaining improved health or simply staying safe from the harm the system too often provides, patients need a handbook that explains what they need to know and what steps they can take to stay safe. Hallisy has created just such a book with The Empowered Patient.
- Hallisy's advice comes from her own experiences as the mother of a sick newborn.
- Her advice is practical and spelled out in specific action steps so we patients can understand it.
- Good focus on the various healthcare practitioners and providers a patient may encounter.
- Excellent emphasis on patient safety, which helps patients avoid unsafe aspects of healthcare
- Patients may not find this excellent book until they already have a problem with the system.
Causes Julia Hallisy Supports
The American Red Cross