I studied my list of potential blog topics but couldn’t decide on one. My solution was to start typing and see what happened. My keyboard clattered merrily for thirty seconds; the amount of time it took to type these words.
Starting a blog without a topic is like cleaning your house—you do it because you don’t want to fall behind or end up on Hoarders—not because you like to clean.
Back to my list—better to choose something, anything, than wait for the ninth wonder of the world to birth itself in my brain in the form of miraculous prose.
Jules’ Potential Blog Topics:
1. Putting your garden to bed for the winter. (And half my readers to sleep.)
2. Local Republican reactions when I say I listen to “that Mexican stuff” on Noventa-siete punto siete because I’m a coyote.
3. Ten reasons Democrats and Republicans should play on the opposite team for one year. (Scratch that one. I forgot I only discuss politics with myself.)
4. Croquet (I know. I already blogged about croquet but it’s an exciting, two-blogger topic in our family because a.) You might catch someone cheating. b.) You might cheat. c.) You might win.)
5. Suspension of disbelief: How to pretend the St. Louis Cardinals are actually the Boston Red Sox playing the Texas Rangers in the World Series. Go Soxy Red Birds.
6. Lack of quality programming on T.V. An entire channel devoted to showing women how their bras are supposed to fit? Bra-zen dumb-dumbs.
7. Direct T.V. Anarchy. They’re removing FX and Sons of Anarchy on November 1st. (Idiots! I don’t want 24/7 bra fittings—I want to watch Charlie Hunnam.)
8. The importance of toe cleavage according to Manolo Blahnik.
Listing these potential topics was helpful. I figured out the topic of this blog. It’s...do you need a new list of blog topics?
Causes Jules Jacob Supports
CASA of Southwest Missouri, Master Gardeners of the Ozarks, University of Missouri Master Gardeners, Missouri Court Appointed Special Advocates Association...