-Here are the details for the July, 2012 writing contest. The March writing contest was a big success with the first place winner receiving a $50.00 amazon gift card. Other cool prizes were awarded as well! March results can be found on my website.
Genre: Non-trendy fantasy!
What the heck am I talking about?
Here is what I DON'T want to see in the story: Vampires, Werewolves or anything related to that sub- genre. Magic is okay. It should be set in the 1600's AND the main character needs to have some sort of physical or emotional disability. (no, being a man doesn't count)
Type: Short Story
Deadline: July 10
Fee: no entry fee
Prizes: TBD (I'm sure they'll be good!)
- Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be submitted by midnight on the deadline date
- Entries must be pasted into the body of an email. NO ATTACHMENTS
- 12pt font double spaced -normal font (courier new, arial, default email font)
- No submission limit
- Early submissions appreciated
- Your short story MUST be set in the 1600's AND the protagonist MUST have a physical or emotional disability that is woven into the story somehow.
- 1500 word Maximum word count
- Spelling and grammar taken into consideration
- PG13 stories only please
- No previously published works (unless self-published)
- By submitting an entry, you are giving permission for your story to be posted on this website, the J. R. Wagner author blog and the J. R. Wagner author facebook page. If and when they appear in the aforementioned locations, the author(you) will be credited and have the opportunity to provide links to the author's (your) external sites. (websites, blogs, facebook pages etc.)
- All works are the sole property of the authors. Reproduction of any kind, without the permission of the author as well as proper citation is strictly prohibited.
- Scoring rubric can be found HERE each category is worth ten points.
As always, find interviews, writing samples, videos, contests and more on my re-vamped website.
In bookstores 6-5-2012