I know that all of your big timers out there may scoff at a mere 10,000 hits on a website, and I understand that. But let’s think about how much 10,000 really is.
If you live 10,000 days, you will be almost 27 and one-half years old. OK, by today’s standards I agree, not very big.
If you have sex at 10,000 feet, you will be a member of the mile-high club ( 5,280 feet is one mile, so you would actually be a member of the 1.89 mile-high club).
If you said you had 10,000 friends, you probably couldn’t remember all their names, and you probably would be one of the biggest liars on the planet.
If you had $10,000, ten thousand years ago, you might have been the richest person in the world.
Now quiz time. Let’s see how smart you are.
1. If you had a brand new pair of Nike walking shoes and you walked 10,000 miles, could you get from Anchorage, Alaska, USA, (near the top of the world) to Punta Arenas, Chile (near the bottom of the world?
2. If you had a bag with 10,000 nickels inside (U.S. currency) could you lift the bag over your head?
3. If you could jump like Superman, and you jumped 10,000 feet high, could you jump over Mt. Whitney in California?
4. Last, but not least, if you could run 10,000 feet per second, could you outrun a bullet shot at you from a high-powered rifle (stuck on the Superman theme here)?
1. Yes, you could make it with about 1000 miles left over, but you might need new shoes.
2. Maybe, if you could lift 111 pounds, and I recommend a set of weights instead of the actual bag of nickels. The bag is hard to hold; no good handles.
3. No, you would probably break your nose because Mt. Whitney is the tallest mountain in the 48 contiguous Unites States at 14,505 feet.
4. Yes, but don’t stop for a rest until you have run a couple of miles. I hear that bullets are relentless.
Causes John Haslam Supports
I support the Constitution of the United States of America.
I support St. Jude's Hospital.
I believe in GOD.