Random Thoughts from the Universe
Blog Post by Jessica Barksdale Inclán - Aug.31.2008 - 8:28 am
Here, in no apparent order, are some thoughts on recent goings on:
- Sarah Palin looks like the pretty girl trying to be smart. Or the smart girl trying to be pretty. I have a visceral and horrid reaction when I look at her. When I read anything on anything she says, I start feeling my recent meal repeat itself and not in a good way. When I hear her name it feels as though at any moment, I might lunge out of my seat and grab hold onto something and start strangling whatever it is I grab. Please stay out of my way.
- Here's my question, and don't answer it whatever you do. Why didn't Barak pick Hillary? I mean for the love of god.
- Joe Biden had hair implants, right? I remember when his hair looked worse.
- I left my husband the year and week that Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Sept 1, 2005. Seems like we are having a repeat this year, though I intend to leave no one. I am also intending for this hurricane to die about five miles off shore. See how good I can do with this.
- Lowering gas prices are stalled by the upcoming hurricane. Again, a good reason for my hurricane prevention program to work.
- My son is in Minneapolis waiting for the convention and his protesting to start. Think good anti-arrest thoughts; however, if he should get his hands around something related to Sarah Palin. . .
- I am still having trouble finding the perfect part of my new glasses, the part I can see from. I'm wondering about why I am wearing them.
- I have 293 friends on Facebook. What does it all mean?
- I am going to go to Hot Dog on a Stick today. Michael's youngest is soon to go off to college, and I need to have her dip me up one disgustingly delicious dog before she leaves. I will report back from the hospital later.
- I have been viewed 2701 times on Myspace. Doesn't that sound a little nasty?
- The two newspapers I receive are still on the driveway. I'm going to get , sit with a gallon of coffee on the deck, and read only the parts about television, movies, style, fashion, and language. Then I will recycle the rest and work on the hurricane problem.
Jessica Barksdale Inclán's debut novel Her Daughter's Eyes, published in 2001, was the premier novel published under New American Library's new imprint Accent. Her Daughter's Eyes was a final nominee for the YALSA Award for the best books of 2001 and best...
Causes Jessica Inclán Supports
Women for Women International Goodwill Industries Lindsey Wildlife Museum Freecycle.org