Have had time to think over the last couple of days about the things that happen in our lives, the challenges, the learning, the laughter and the knowledge that we gain. It's amazing really how much we take for granted, and in the weather conditions here over the last couple of days, it has been interesting again! So in talking to the Guides again and watching my children play in the snow with a myriad of spirit children and neighbourhood children... I took the time again to think...
- I appreciate this body that I walk around in, it has moving parts, fingers, toes and eyes and ears. I have a tremendous amount of gratitude that it is working, healthy and strong. No contest... both win!
- I appreciate that there is food available in this beautiful country that we live in, I appreciate the colours, the variety and the range of foods available. I have tremendous gratitude that we are able to experience these foods and do not live in a country where there are so many limitations. No contest ... both win!
- I appreciate the challenges of working, appreciate my brain having to sort out issues and work around others, I have tremendous gratitude for the people who reach and touch my life, with their love, their lessons and their challenges as well. No contest... both win!
- I appreciate the house I live in, whether it is mine, rented or owned by the bank, I appreciate it. It gives me warmth, a place to be a family, and to rest my head. I am extremely grateful for that especially at this time of the year! No contest... both win!
- I appreciate all my emotions, I appreciate that I can experience love, loss, sadness, joy, laughter, resentment and guilt. I have gratitude for all of the learning at a soul level that these emotions bring and am grateful for the circumstances that bring this into my life. No contest... both win!
- I appreciate my family, my friends, their wisdom, their laughter, their love and their understanding. I am tremendously grateful that they are in my lives to give me the most learning and growth I need at a very close heart level. No contest... both win!
You know there is no contest, whenever we put value on our lives and truly look at the wonder of the journey and appreciate it, are grateful for it then you have learnt a tremendous amount about yourself. It takes very small amount of time to look at your life and see the value in it.
We can at times look at our circumstances and feel that we are trapped by relationships, responsibilities, work demands and time demands. These are ALL things that we are doing to ourselves. If you cannot see the value in your life, you will not see how much you have gained both in experience and knowledge. There is a need for appreciation and gratitude of all you have experienced, your learning is immense.
A good example, in the middle of the night, I was touched gently on the face. I woke to a beautiful ethereal being beside the bed, smiling gently she said "Well done" and was gone. I was grumpy, I detest being woken up at night. I was grumpy that someone touched me in the spirit realm when I was asleep. I was annoyed she gave me a fright. I was annoyed that she only said the one thing, AND THEN I slapped myself silly!
I have a tremendous appreciation that they come to me. I have an enormous appreciation that they take the time to talk, when they have to lower their energy to reach us here on the earth plane. What a lovely gift to say "Well done". What the heck is wrong with me?
Please take the time, a single moment and think about everything that you truly appreciate and are grateful for in this journey. It's an amazing journey, it will have ups and downs, hardship, losses and misunderstandings. You will feel like your heart with break at times. At other times your heart will soar with love, respect and appreciation of this life. The truth of the matter is... we are the winners... we chose to come to experience everything we possibly can and I know that we need to have appreciation and understand and gratitude for all of that learning and the learning yet to come. So hold up your arms and do a victory dance, because with appreciation and gratitude..... You are the winner!