Americans want change. A spirit of optimism is awakening in the new generation. A new rule of equality and justice for all waits to be born in the politics of our nation. A secret is being whispered from ear to ear by the young and the visionary. The secret is our non-negotiable unity as human beings.
The old generation doesn’t understand this point and their failure to understand it betrays a lack of commitment to truly advancing humanity through democracy. Even when the heroes of the old generation proclaimed our essential equality, they proclaimed it only for “all men” and then continued to hold many as slaves. The pattern they gave us has been flawed from the start, flawed by its violation of our non-negotiable unity.
We now see where the progress of this pattern has led. We see that the old generation has built a political process in which the campaign contributions of the top 5 percent matter more than the votes of the remaining 95 percent. We understand that this is the reason nearly half of us do not bother to vote at all. We suffer the division of society into haves and have-nots that results from a government created through this corrupt process. We shudder at the way this government politically empowers authoritarian religious establishments in order to manipulate the public debate. We are stunned by the self-righteous military aggression that dresses up death and destruction as principled patriotism. We are witness to the world-wide legacy of the old generation and we want change.
Witnesses to the old rule, we now see that one cannot compromise our democratic principles without completely violating them. A change of rule is required. Integrity is required. The new generation is here to engineer a democratic political process that maintains the integrity of a true commitment to equality and justice for all.
We have learned from the blindness and weakness of the old generation and therefore we do not advance such blindness and weakness in the technology we engineer. We understand how to achieve structural integrity. We are confident in our ability to conceive and implement a master plan. We reject the doubters, the nay-sayers, and the cynics. We are the champions of a new social contract, the proud creators of a sophisticated democratic political process engineered for enlightenment.
We have learned from our own discontent. We are serious students of the pursuit of happiness. We are claiming our right to self-determination. We embrace the idea of integrity personally, not just technologically. Spiritually, we are driven to advance our humanity and we understand that it is impossible to achieve this goal if we compromise the non-negotiable unity of all human beings. Indeed, it is this understanding that has transformed us into a new generation. Through it, we have discovered a higher purpose, peace and joy.
There is a new rule and a new generation. We do not need the experience of the old generation. Our experience of the old generation is enough to teach us to exclude them in what we need and intend to do. We are building a new rule, a new democracy, a promise of integrity in the political process, a foundation of equality and justice for all.
A new experience of power dawns on the horizon: it is the power of human unity, it is the power of wisdom, the power of the law of existence, the power of mutual respect, appreciation and humility. We understand that this is the only power that will lead society to a true experience of happiness, health and prosperity. We are the people of the United States of America. We are, in fact, the people of the whole world.
Copyright © Hank Edson 2008