* Rosie HATES the snow (her front wheels spin and spin) although I think she looks quite cute in her snow-suit.
* Silver has a penetrating hatred of bath mats. She used to attack the one in the last house, and after an early-morning commotion in the bathroom I went in to find my new bath mat twisted up and dying in one corner.
* Sometimes the solution comes from where you least expect it. I’ve had several clever computerey people looking at the wireless in my new place, and we haven’t been able to get it to work. Yesterday the most non-computery friend I have suggested a dongle as an interim measure. After 10 long wireless-free days I drove to the shop immediately and was online within the hour. Yay!
* The deep dents in the hedge outside only go up so high because that’s as high as the deer can reach.
* I CAN put the windscreen washer into Rosie without the help of someone who knows about cars.
* I knew this one already, but I learnt it again. Not knowing how to do something makes me panicky. If I can’t get something to work, I’m not really disturbed by the thing that doesn’t work, but that there is something outside my area of knowledge/competence. That makes me vulnerable, and that means I need to risk asking for help. Asking for help is something I’d like to do more of in 2010.
* The rural lanes around here are very, very beautiful in the snow.
* The gardener here is called Simon and he loves his job, especially in the Spring.
* They do very good white chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate crunchy base and raspberry sauce in Wallingford.
* I like being back online VERY much. I missed you all.
What have you learnt so far?
Causes Fiona Robyn Supports