International best-selling author and innovator Ernie Zelinski could change your view of the world forever.
He has already taught more than 250,000 people what The Joy of Not Working is about: learning to live every part of your life - employment, unemployment, retirement, and leisure alike - to the fullest.
In this completely revised and expanded edition, you too can join the thousands of converts and learn to thrive at both work and play.
- Be more productive at work by working less.
- Discover and pursue your life's passions.
- Gain the courage to leave your corporate job if it is draining life out of you.
- Pursue interesting leisure activities that make a difference in your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
- Vanquish any guilt you may have about not working long and hard hours.
- Be financially independent with less money.
Plus, new to this edition are thirty inspiring letters from readers detailing how the book helped them improve the variety, tone, and quality of their lives.
The Joy of Not Working is a provacative, entertaining, down-to-earth, and tremendously inspiring book that will help you get more joy and satisfaction out of everything you do.
The Joy of Not Working has sold over 250,000 copies and has been published in 17 languages in 21 different countries. [It's sister book about retirement has sold over 125,000 copies]
“Like The Bible, The Joy of Not Working tells you everything you need to know to resolve your Life crisis, but doesn’t exclude humor in its presentation. Check Chapter 7, “Lighting the Fire Rather than Being Warmed by it”, pages 118-120, for a list of 200 activities for your consideration.”
— Helga Roberts writing on AuthorsDen.com
Top 10 Reasons to Buy The Joy of Not Working
- You are more independent and more creative than most people.
- You were born a lover of life and not a workaholic.
- You don't want the cheese; you just want to get out of the trap.
- You like books that are reader friendly with lots of cartoons, quotations, and exercises.
- You like books that make you smile and challenge traditional ways of living and thinking.
- You agree with the words of Bertrand Russell: "To be able to fill leisure intelligently is the best product of civilization."
- You are receptive to the concept that we can achieve more if we relax, enjoy life more, forget about what the majority in society thinks is important, and focus on the things that really matter.
- Your parents and co-workers will not approve of your adopting this book as your lifestyle Bible.
- You know a good deal when you see one — if a book has been published in 17 languages in 21 different countries and has sold over 250,000 copies, it must have great value.
- You know something important that the hard workers of this world don't know: the secret to a happy and fulfilling life is to work smart and not hard.
Note: The U.S. Department of State recommends The Joy of Not Working at: