Here are some of the topics that I can discuss at my The Joy of Not Working Speech in Istanbul on November 26.
Most of these come from my book The Lazy Person's Guide to Success: How to Get What You Want Without Killing Yourself for It.
- Ordinary career success is a real good job; real career success is a real good life.
- Most success costs too much.
- The conduct of society is a poor precedent for living a happy life.
- The most creative shortcut to success is to think more about it.
- Hard work is no match for relaxed, creative action.
- The more creative your thinking, the fewer your cares and worries.
- Security is a kind of death.
- Creative loafing is good for your cash flow.
- Money doesn't talk; it just whispers.
- Money solves all problems except all those that it doesn't solve.
- Financial insanity has its own big following - including you and me.
- Your best purchases will turn out to be the ones that you never made.
- There's more to life than having it all.
- Being successful at work is irrelevant if you are a failure at home.
- To work is human, to loaf divine.
- Busyness is the last refuge of unproductive and unfulfilled people.
- The top 10 worst Uses of your time.
- The top 10 best uses of your time
- Why 90 percent of things worth doing aren't worth doing well.
- All things worth doing well get screwed up when you overdo them.
- Your most powerful success tool is the 80-20 rule.
- Slow down and your days will be longer.
- The journey toward success should feel better than to arrive.
- Only fools are in a hurry to get to anywhere worth going.
- Life's a breeze when we put half as much time into simplifying it as we do into complicating it.
- Be happy while you are alive because you are a long time dead!
For quotes on Speech Making Tips, see The Retirement Speeches Cafe: