It's a Scavenger Hunt! Win a gift basket of four of my parenting/teen books, or just play for fun. Tantalize your brain and learn more about me than you ever wanted to know!
All you need to do is cruise through my Red Room pages to find the answers to the following questions, and then send the answers to me. Details below.
BASIC QUESTIONS (1 point each)
1. What Chekovian monologue did Ericka use as her audition piece when she was a teenager?
2. In Ericka's tongue-in-cheek self-promotional video, how many separate times does an image of Annie appear?
3. Where did Ericka go on writing retreat this February?
Harbin Hot Springs
The Virginia Center for the Performing Arts
Lake Tahoe with her friend Susan
4. What's the name of the autistic boy Ruby loves?
5. In which of Ericka's blog entries can you find a picture of a sifaka? (hint: what's a sifaka?)
6. Which book of Ericka's has been translated into Portuguese?
7. Which item of clothing did Ericka squeeze herself into for a (fairly) recent special event?
8. What three items appear in the haunted elevator?
HARDER QUESTIONS for extra credit (2 points each):
9. Where in Ericka's pages can you find a business card that reads: "No Home, No Job, No Money, No Worries"?
10. Has Ericka actually read the Da Vinci code, and who asked her if she has?
SUPER DUPER HARD QUESTION (4 points)
11. What's the name of the dish that Ericka ate at the Korean Food Court?
The answers to all questions are imbedded in my pages here at my Red Room site: in my blog entries, in my articles and stories, in my media, and so on. Some questions are easy, especially if you know me or are a regular reader. Some you'll find tougher, even for my husband (who is not eligible to play for the prize). You might need to think a little.
Who Can Play?:
Anybody except my husband and daughter Annie. Yes, Red Room staff, you can play, too.
How to Enter:
Browse around, answer as many questions as you can, send the answers to rrcontest AT erickalutz DOT com.
Midnight PST on July 17. Winner's name and answers will be posted July 18.
How the Winners will be Determined:
Correct answers for each of the first eight questions are worth 1 point. Correct answers for each of next two questions are worth 2 points. The final question is worth 4 points. That equals a total possible score of 16 points. The top scorer will win the Gift Basket. In the case of a tie, or several ties, I'll draw lots. (I'll make it fair; there may be smaller prizes for top scorers whose names are not drawn.) All decisions are by me and are final.
What's in the Gift Basket?:
One copy of each of the following four books by me, all signed:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Stepparenting
On the Go with Baby
Mom's Guide to Disciplining Your Child
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Looking Great for Teens
(Sorry, no actual basket. I guess that should be "Gift Basket.")
Questions? Ask me! rrcontest AT erickalutz DOT com. (Mind your Cs and Ks now.)