Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) presented the "Declaration of Health Care Independence at a January 27th demonstration at the Capitol building. Image Credit: TPM
Let the circus begin ... and end with the party of KNOW! - Declaration of Health Care Independence
President Barack Obama, yesterday, in a discussion about healthcare, stated that he is all for the "free market". Most people do not know of one person, after seeing this President in action for a little over one year, who believes that he knows what the free market actually is, let alone that he is all for what the free market can deliver. The President and his party for most of this last year, have pursued healthcare solutions that erode and dismantle the free market through single-payer (Government) solutions as opposed to allowing all insurance companies to compete (sell on the free market) in all 50 states, death panel coverage dictates, and absolutely no assistance in regulating lawsuits and tort reform.
Today, President Obama has invited the Republican Party congress members to the Blair House (the Vice-President's residence) for a six-hour broadcasted summit (discussion) with the leaders of the Democrat Political Party to discuss how to move the existing healthcare legislation forward after freezing them out of all discussions in the House of Representatives and the Senate as the bill this Democrat Party created was passed in both houses of Congress on super majority party-line votes. All of this within the unfulfilled pledge of transparency, behind closed doors with the buy-offs of using taxpayer money to purchase Democrat Party votes.
All this last month, the President has talked about the leaders of the Republican Party as the political party of NO ... but the truth is that the Republican Party, with its history of working with the forces of the free market may actually be the party of KNOW.
What all of the people gathered at the White House should be discussing, Congress and President alike, is scrapping the single-sided legislation as it stands in the process and renew the discussion with the consideration of the following Healthcare Declaration Of Independence.
This excerpted and edited from the Tea Party Patriots Live -
On Saturday, January 24th, Congressman Steve King (IA-5), on the ‘Tea Party Patriots Live’ radio show announced the ‘Declaration of Health Care Independence’ he and Congressman Louie Gohmert (TX) have put together. They will be presenting this at a Press Conference today, and have graciously provided us an advanced copy.
Declaration of Health Care Independence
In order to retain the Blessings of Liberty as secured to us by our Founding Fathers and as expressed in our Constitution, We the People reject the imposition upon us of a new, Washington-controlled system of government-run health care. We demand Constitutional protection of the right to make our own health decisions and our own health care choices free of government denials, bureaucratic red-tape, and greater intergenerational debt.
A Washington takeover of American health care will
1) Deny fundamental personal and economic liberties and indisputably violate the Principle of Limited Government as established by the Constitution;
2) Impose increased costs and taxes upon individuals, families, and businesses, as well as taxpayers at the federal, state, and local levels;
3) Irreparably cripple the American economy, at the cost of jobs, businesses, productivity, and quality of life;
4) Create an inescapable new tax by imposing individual and employer mandates;
5) Institutionalize a massive, ever-expanding federal bureaucracy that is impersonal and impractical;
6) Empower bureaucrats to interfere in the doctor-patient relationship, undermine the quality of care, limit choice, and increase the cost of health care.
We have appealed to the decency of the elected majority to respect the rights of all Americans, but their leaders have been deaf to the Voice of the People. We are appalled by their cavalier disregard of the Constitution and of the demands of the People. We are repulsed by their blatant political bribes and kickbacks.
We, therefore, the People and Representatives of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, do solemnly Publish and Declare that health care reform, as a matter of principle must
1) Protect as inviolate the vital doctor-patient relationship;
2) Reject any addition to the crushing national debt heaped upon all Americans;
3) Improve, rather than diminish, the quality of care that Americans enjoy;
4) Be negotiated publically, transparently, with genuine accountability and oversight, and be free from political favoritism;
5) Treat private citizens at least as well as political officials;
6) Protect taxpayers from compulsory funding of abortion;
7) Reject all new mandates on patients, employers, individuals, or states;
8) Prohibit expansion of taxpayer funded health care to those unlawfully present in the United States;
9) Guarantee Equal Protection under the law and the Constitution;
10) Empower, rather than limit, an open and accessible marketplace of health care choice and opportunity.
Let the party of KNOW stand with Congressman Steve King from Iowa and Louie Ohlmert from Texas and support the ‘Declaration of Healthcare Independence’ in today's televised circus at the Blair House.
Causes Edmund Jenks Supports
Stop The Traffik