What happens when an engineered virus, meant to “cure” psychopathically violent patients, is let loose by accident on the world? And what chance does the world have when a rescue organization named WART (World Advance Response Team) is our only hope?
A virus of rage sweeps all nations with sometimes funny and sometimes scary results. Armstrong’s latest Bane thriller (after The Game) satirizes the medical virus thriller genre and zombie movies in one suspenseful but amusing sweep. Bane must “chase” the rampaging virus around the world, from Venice to Hong Kong, hunting for a cure and the cause.
- An Alban Bane Thriller! “A cantakerous detective, Alban Bane ... a touch of the hit TV series House ... Bane adds a delightfully sarcastic tone to the action ... keeps us chuckling.” —Booklist
- “In his follow-up to the excellent The Game, Armstrong takes on a whole new set of challenges ... brilliance in which Armstrong blends comedy, parody, and adventure in genuinely innovative ways.”—Booklist
- "Detective Alban Bane's second outing takes a satirical look at genetics research companies, zombie films and more in Armstrong’s action-packed novel.”—Publisher’s Weekly
- “Amusing and entertaining ... recommended for all libraries.”—Libaray Journal
- “Suspenseful and rich with dark humor ... in the thriller tradition of Weisman and Connolly.”—ForeWord
- “A super sleuth.”—Kirkus