As a long-time expat in France, I need to pose several unanswered questions which have been causing me some sleepless nights, lately:
1) When some groups of people demand that they intend to take America back, who exactly do they feel has invaded and whose culture do they feel has come and colonized our own?
2) When did this begin?
3) Are Native Americans asking this? Americans of European descent? Of African descent? Of Asian descent?
4) Who are they talking about?
5) When I read that some other groups are demanding that they get their country back, who exactly is demanding this? People who are victims of our previous foreign relations? Reluctant immigrants and other refugees perhaps?
6) Who are they talking about?
I would appreciate the feedback, since it is probably apparent to you that I have become completely out of touch. School me on this people! (Post script : I have just been informed that America does not actually have an official language. “ English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 82% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 96% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well". However, no official language exists at the Federal level. There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills, but none of these bills has become law with the amendment intact.” Wikipedia
People…help me on this one as well… Which English are they talking about? American English? British English? Australian English? Canadian English?