This is my inaugural article at redroom.com. So, I thought I would start by mentioning, (I know... *shock!*) I am an author. I have had 9 books published. All of them are technical. Most of them are out of print. I have written mostly about Linux and Unix. However, two books, the first and the last, were about programming. The first was on programming for the web (in 1996 - did the Internet even exist back then?!?) where I wrote about using Perl to talk to databases for building out dynamic content on web sites. Gosh, I sure hope that idea takes off! The last book was on programming with Korn Shell. My publisher wanted me to do one on bash, but I didn't want to do all the research. Looking back on it, it would have been a good idea. However, it was a pet project and its what I wanted. Below is a list of my publications starting with the newest.
In future articles, I hope to talk about my interests (physics, chess, computers and technology, robots, lasers) as well as things that I would like to do when I have the time (wood working, scuba diving, golf). I will, perhaps even talk about my nickname(s).
- Pitts, David & O'Brien, Dennis, Korn Shell Programming by Example, Que Publishing, 2001. (ISBN 0-78972-465-0).
- Pitts, David & Ball, William, Red Hat Linux 7 Unleashed (5th edition), Sams Publishing, 2000. (ISBN 0-67231-985-3).
- Pitts, David; Ball, William; & Goerzen, John, Linux Unleashed (4th edition), Sams Publishing, 1999. (ISBN 0-67231-688-9).
- Pitts, David & Ball, William, Red Hat Linux 6 Unleashed (4th edition), Sams Publishing, 1999. (ISBN 0-67231-689-7).
- Pitts, David & Ball, William, Red Hat Linux (v. 5.2) Unleashed (3rd edition), Sams Publishing, 1998. (ISBN 0-672-31410-x).
- Ball, William, (Pitts, David, inside cover credit), Using Linux, Que Publishing, 1998. (ISBN 0-78971-623-2).
- Moritsugu, Steve (Pitts, David, inside cover credit), Using Unix (2nd edition), Que Publishing, 1998. (ISBN 0-78971-632-1).
- Pitts, David et.al., Red Hat Linux Unleashed (2nd edition), Sams Publishing, 1997. (ISBN 0-672-31173-9).
- Bowen, Richard; O'Brien, Keven; Haddad, Christopher D.; Westguard, Mark; & Pitts, David, CGI Programming with Perl, Visual Basic & C, Sams Publishing, 1997. (ISBN 1-57521-241-2).