Ernie & Bert & Gay Marriage, Glorious World Cup Book, Chippendale's Movies & Twitter
A new day has dawned. Inspired by interviewing with some of the shining lights of the book world, from new media guru Seth Godin, to CEO of Harlequin Books Donna Hayes, to Margaret Atwood (who I met on twitter!), I decided to upgrade into the new decade. I'm in the process of upgrading my website, and I now putting together a proper newsletter which hopefully will come out once a month. If you don't want to get it, just let me know.
- ERNIE & BERT COME OUT IN FAVOR OF SAME SEX MARRIAGE HUFFINGTON POST. This is an important issue to me, in part because it was such an important part of my mom's life, but also because so many of my friends are affected by it.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-henry-sterry/bert-and-ernie-come-out-i_b_472547.html
- GLORIOUS WORLD CUP: A FANATIC’S GUIDE. My long love affair with soccer has finally produced a love child, spawned by the unholy union of myself and Alan Black, that most dangerous of creatures, a Scotsman with an education. Our book will be born in May, the final touches are being put on it even as we speak. It was so much fun to put together, collecting the pictures, watching the art come together, doing the writing, and of course watching all that soccer. We are going have some great soccer events in San Francisco and New York. Thanks to the spectacular artist Kim Gledhill http://www.kimgledhill.com/ I think the book turned out to be filled with amazing eye candy, while still being true to our deep and abiding love of the beautiful game. I'm very proud of this book. http://www.thegloriousworldcup.com/
- SEX WORKER LITERATI. This event has proven to be such a blast. Every month we absolutely pack Happy Ending with one of the most responsive receptive crowds I've ever performed in front of. This month, it's Show and Tell. With this amazing line up of hos, hookers, call girls and rent boys, the mind boggles. I'm looking forward to seeing what Melissa Feebos is going to give us from her new memoir, Whip Smart, which is getting such great reviews and coverage. She's going to be on fresh air with Terry Gross, every author’s wet dream. Also joining us will be Gerry Visco who is quite brilliant and always entertaining; the totally awesome Anne Hanavan; and burlesque by a woman who goes by one letter: N. So you know she's gotta be hot. Thursday, March 4, 8:00, 302 Broome St. Cum early, cuz it fills up fast. http://www.hoshookerscallgirlsrentboys.com/
- NEW EDITION OF HOW TO GET PUBLISHED BOOK FROM WORKMAN. The interviews are for a new edition of Putting Your Passion into Print, which we were asked to do at one of the great figures in modern publishing, Peter Workman. That book is now five years old, and it's amazing how much the world, and publishing, has changed in half a decade. The book is coming out in the fall, and we have great plans for a tour, and for doing a radio show, kind of like Car Talk for publishing. After all of the people we've talked to, we've both come to the conclusion that it is the greatest time in the history of the world to be a writer. They're just so many different ways to get published now. More to follow.
- MASTER OF CEREMONIES MOVIES. I'm including links for the first time to all of the shorts I made for Master of Ceremonies, my memoir about being the MC at Chippendales during the mid-80s. http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/3/FN5Gf_EKotg http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/4/s8Ce5I0Njzo http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/5/dQbuAC5yc8w http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/6/QIUudrJZf9w http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/7/44ZX2x7Spng http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/8/tfkh18Evwic http://www.youtube.com/user/sterrry1#p/u/9/6A5vnhgXXLg
- TWITTER. One new thing in my life is that I am tweeting. 140 characters really seems to suit my particular form of dementia. I look at it like a giant haiku. I love following what the rest the world is doing. Well some of the rest of the world anyway. So if for some ridiculous reason you should want to follow what's going through my transom a more regular basis, there's a link for the twitter page http://twitter.com/Sterryhead
- OLIVE. If you're looking for new pictures, they're on the Facebook page.
Causes David Sterry Supports
Sex Worker Rights