Apparently it will not be the onomatopoeic word I invented decades ago to describe the expulsion of gas from the nether regions, but you can't win them all.
The English Language WordClock: 999,971 29 words until the 1,000,000th Word Countdown until 1,000,000th Word in English Language At the current pace of a new English-language word created about every 98 minutes, English will cross the Million Word Mark on June 10th, 2009 at 10:22 am (Stratford-on Avon Time) http://www.languagemonitor.com
Finalists for the one millionth English word
* Chengguan Urban management officers, a cross between mayors, sheriffs and city managers.
* Jai Ho! From the Hindi, “It is accomplished”; achieved English-language popularity through the Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire.
* Mobama Relating to the fashion sense of the US First Lady, as in “that is quite mobama-ish”.
* Noob From the gamer community; a neophyte in playing a particular game; used as a disparaging term.
* Phelpsian The accomplishments of Michael Phelps at the Beijing Olympics.
* Quendy-Trendy British youth-speak for hip or up-to-date.
* Wonderstar As in Susan Boyle, an overnight sensation, exceeding all reasonable expectations.
* Zombie Banks Banks that would be dead if not for government intervention.