Like 'em, hate 'em or (unbelievable) be indifferent to 'em, eReaders are still invaluable tools for every author. Those books have to come from somewhere and the market for the product just keeps growing. Authors, read 'em and cheer.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kobo Posts Record Holiday Season
Kobo has released its sales numbers for the holiday season, posting record highs. There was ten-fold increase in new customers from the company's pre-holiday period, and the total number of registered users nearly doubled from six weeks prior. There was a 500% increase in e-gifting from November to December, and gifting of e-books was up over 200% compared to the same time last year. During the period, customers in over 150 countries downloaded e-books.
Here are the bestsellers from all the markets Kobo saw downloads this season:
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2. The Litigators by John Grisham
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
3. Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson