IS IT POOR TIMES FOR A NOVEL ABOUT KAFKA?
Blog Post by Dale Estey - Mar.04.2010 - 8:56 am
Franz Kafka looking over Prague night and day.
GENRE OF THE MONTH
- In the 52 w/e 6th December 2009, consumers bought 8.0m literary fiction books, and spent £51m on them.
- Literary fiction's share of adult fiction purchases fell from 10% to 8% of volume.
- The proportion of literary fiction books bought as gifts has been increasing, to 1 in 5 in the latest 52 weeks.
- 5% of literary fiction purchases were prompted by seeing a film/TV adaptation.
- Males were buyers of 40% of literary fiction, and end users of 31%.
- from Bookmarketing.co.uk
I owe my life to Hitler, though I never met the man. My father was paid to stop Hitler, so there is no conflict of interest. I was given a thunk on the back o' the head by God when I was fifteen, and within a week began to write. I haven't stopped. My first...