Rodes Fishburne list of the top ten questions a novelist can expect to hear on his or her book tour, based on his experiences visiting bookstores to read from his debut novel, Going to See the Elephant.
- Is your novel fiction or non-fiction?
- Can you make it out to "Dear blank"? It'll sell for more on Ebay that way.
- Do you know when my bookmobile's getting a copy?
- Do you have Stephanie Meyer's email address?
- Really, really loved your novel, can you read my manuscript? By Friday?
If you've been on a book tour but haven't heard any of those, perhaps the next five will seem familiar...
- Do you have John Grisham's cell number?
- My mother's a big reader. I'm more into taxidermy!
- If I read your book with clean hands can I return it for a full refund?
- Have you read The Karl Lagerfeld Diet? Now that was a great book.
- Can you just tell me what happens? I'm pressed for time.