With all the bad news about the economy in the media today, being positive about the security of our life becomes a constant struggle. We hear that we are in the worst recession since 1993 and that we might be revisiting the Great Depression of 1929. Negative beliefs beget more negative outcomes. If we fear the worst, we will only bring more fear, scarcity, and desperation into our existence. I have long preached the message that what we think about and talk about comes about. It’s time we change our outlook and our thinking to that of abundance. In recent years October has been a month for disasters including wild fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and free falling financial markets. Let’s take a lesson from my friend and fellow author, Ivan Burnell, who advocates that in the toughest of times, the way to overcome anxiety is to give more to charities. When you help others, you help yourself. Giving unconditionally is the secret of life. Send a donation then monitor your pulse of generosity. I bet you’ll find a cornucopia of wealth appear in your realm as you start living in an unlimited universe.
Another friend and author, Alan Cohen, offers ten tips on how to survive and thrive through economic woes. He has graciously allowed Be the Star You Are!® to reprint his suggestions which we know you’ll find insightful.
1. The economy is an expression of the consciousness of those who create it ― all of us. We vitalize the economy with expansive thinking and action, and we deaden it with fear and contraction. You have power over the economy ― especially your own ― by consciously choosing the thoughts you think, the attitudes you hold, and the actions that proceed from them.
2. The economy is not a fixed entity, but is quite liquid, constantly changing in accord with the thoughts and emotions of those who create it. The economy you see today is a result of the attitudes and actions that sourced it yesterday. The economy you will see tomorrow is a result of the attitudes and actions you think and do today.
3. You have the ability to create a personal economy independent of the one experienced by the masses. There are always people who thrive in a floundering economy, and people who flounder in a thriving economy. The two greatest architectural achievements of the twentieth century ― the Golden Gate Bridge and the Empire State Building ― were funded and constructed at the height of the depression.. There is always money out there for people who know how to use it. A visionary thrives under all conditions.
4. Engaging in conversations of lack only adds to the pool of thought that creates lack conditions. Talking abundance creates abundance. Join others in only those conversations that affirm what you want to create.
5. You are wealthy by nature, rich in an infinite number of ways that have nothing to do with money. Money is one thin slice of the greater pie of prosperity. Remember how rich you are regardless of money, and you will attract money to match your wealth consciousness.
6. In the Chinese written language, the symbol for "crisis" is a combination of the symbols for "danger" plus "opportunity." What opportunity lies before you as an individual and us as a nation?
7. This is a fertile time to check and reset your priorities. If you have been distracted by the quest for money or trapped by your business, you can refocus on your family, loved ones, and activities that truly bring you joy. If you end up being truer to values that fulfill you, this "crisis" will have served you well.
8. Circulate your wealth. The only antidote to financial contraction is to move energy. When you spend money, you become part of the solution. If you don't have money to spend, be generous in other ways. Give of your time, skill, and love. Even giving compliments is a way to stimulate the economy.
9. Remember that the tide always comes back in. The entire manifest universe functions in cycles. Every wave has a trough and a crest. No wave has ever ended with the trough. There is always a next crest.
10. Don't wait for the economy to get back on its feet before you can be happy. Find happiness right where you stand, and you will be the richest person in the world.
Reprinted from Scare City to A Bun Dance by Alan Cohen as published in his E-Newsletter. Used with permission. All rights reserved. For more information on Alan Cohen's books and programs, visit www.alancohen.com.
Alan is adamant about circulating the wealth. Did you know that you can make a triple contribution with only one small donation? For a donation to Be the Star You Are!® of $99, we will ship a case of BRAND NEW books valued at $550-600 to a cause of your choice to increase literacy. It’s a WIN, WIN, WIN. Take a minute to make a donation NOW to Be the Star You Are!® charity. You can go to www.bethestaryouare.org to shop, contribute through PAYPAL, sponsor an event, or get involved. Checks can be sent to Be the Star You Are!®, PO Box 376, Moraga, California 94556. Your contribution is 100% tax deductible according to law.
Stop the free falling. Improve the economy by taking the first step in moving money. GIVE!
Cynthia Brian is the Founder and Executive Director of Be the Star You Are! ® charity.
Causes Cynthia Brian Supports
Be the Star You Are! 501 c3 charity empowering women, families, and youth through improved literacy, positive media, and life skills.