Brand Zeitgeist reinforces basic marketing and branding principles and illustrates how businesses can use fundamental aspects of human nature to develop a brand strategy. The zeitgeist is an abstract concept of what’s currently top-of-mind in the public’s collective consciousness. The concept of brand is also an abstract idea to describe the relationship between consumers and a company.
In Brand Zeitgeist, marketing expert Chris Houchens shows how these two ideas can work together to create a winning brand strategy.
Companies can tap into the power of the zeitgeist to spread their marketing messages by bringing their brand to the forefront of customers’ minds. Businesses can also use the zeitgeist to provide those customers the tools to spread their message through word-of-mouth and other viral channels.
Houchens uses real world examples to provide a practical look at the fundamentals of branding and offers a common sense guide for businesses to develop their own brand strategy.
Brand Zeitgeist answers the questions:
- How important are logos and other visual brand elements?
- How should brands evolve to stay fresh?
- How does word-of-mouth marketing spread?
- How important are advertising and customer service in a brand strategy?
- How can brands use the power of social media and online communities?
- How can branding be built-in during product development?
- How do you measure the effectiveness and ROI of branding efforts?