at this list my sister Janet made. I suppose I'll have to start paying her.
Ten Top Reasons to Buy My Sister's Novel.
1. Because you need to read it all the way through, so you can compare it with the movie.
2. Because if you ever had a mother-in-law, this book’s for you. Can you relate? I knew that you could.
3. Because it’s got a little bit of sex, (prescription) drugs, and rock-and-roll, with tabla and sitar.
4. Because it’s pretty funny in places.
5. Because we all need to raise our test scores by reading books.
6. Because if you buy the book, you get an add-on of Cheryl's exotic recipes. (Amma taught her to cook.)
7. Because its author is a multiple Pushcart Prize nominee. And that almost sounds like “Pulitzer”.
8. Because the book is so good, it has left critics speechless. So far.
9. Because it’s called “Shiva’s Arms.” You know you want to find out why.
10.Because I told you so. And I have exceptionally good taste in all things.