Flowers come in different colors, shapes and sizes. You may easily identify a rose, but can you identify a lily or an iris? There are different ways to identify flowers depending on the shape of its petals or on the type of its leaf. Some can also be identified according to their colors and smell.
Before you buy flowers it is necessary to identify what type of flower you prefer. This technique will prevent you from purchasing bouquets that are not applicable to the event or occasion where you are going to use them.
Learning how to identify can be very helpful, especially to flower growers, in the proper care of flowers. To help you identify the types of flowers, follow the guide below:
1. Identify flowers by counting the number and symmetry of its petals. Flowers that have four or five petals are mostly flowers on eudicots while flowers that have three or six petals are flowers on monocots. Normally christmas flowers are considered monocots.
The petal can either be radially or bilaterally symmetrical. If the petals are identical in shape and size, they are called regular or actinomorphic. If the petals are not identical, they are said to be irregular or zygomorphic. Examples of actinomorphic flowers are roses, while zygomorphic flowers are orchids.
2. There are different types of flowers uk that bloom on specific times of the year. Some flowers bloom only once or annuals; some are perennials and bloom every season. Winter, spring, summer or fall, there is always a flower blooming.
3. Each type of flower has its own growing pattern. There are flowers that grow one flower to each stem and there are flowers that grow in clusters. Lilies are examples of flowers that grow to each stem while bluebonnets are flowers that grow in clusters. The best example of this type is the uk flowers.
4. The type of leaf structure also says a lot about the kind of flower you’re identifying. One can tell a flower apart from other flowers by its shape, thickness, texture, color and number. For example, the leaves of an arrowhead flower are shaped like a head of an arrow or a shooting star is relatively thicker than most typical flowering plants.
5. The height and width of a flowering plant is also used as an identification method. The sunflower is known by its stem that grows up to 10 feet tall and the Rafflesia arnoldii is the largest flower in the world which can grow 3 feet across.
There are lots of ways to identify flowers and it can be quite easy once you know where to feel or look at.