Are you planning to give your loved-one a bunch of flowers for your anniversary or just want to make your house smell like a garden of roses? It may be a good idea but the problem is that fresh flowers are quite expensive. To save a bit, it’s suggested to buy in bulk or wholesale. Most flower vendors slash off considerable amounts when you buy flowers in wholesale. Refer below on how to purchase bulk of fresh and affordable flowers:
- Search for a flower market in your area. You can either use the internet or turn to the Yellow Pages under “Florists – Wholesale”. Never consider buying in malls or in high-end florists because they charge a lot.
- Ask your friends if they have access to wholesale prices (with a reseller’s badge) or if they know somebody and ask if they’re willing to act as your buyer. If not, visit the flower market in public hours.
- Flower markets open as early as 2 a.m. and it’s the best time to get the freshest and best flowers. Make sure to sleep early and set your alarm to get the best.
- Canvass the entire market for prices and flower selection before you make a purchase. Prices may vary from one vendor to the other. For example, vendors closest to the entrances often charge the highest prices.
- Check for freshly cut stems and with firm leaves and buds. Never buy from a vendor that sells brown or wilted flowers. To ensure that what you are going to get are the fresh ones, make sure to procure uk flowers that are worth of your penny.
- Make your purchase. The more you buy from a single vendor, the more he or she will likely open to lesser price negotiations.
- When you get home after purchasing the flowers, immediately soak them on cold water. Make fresh cuts on all stems before you make the arrangements to maintain freshness.
It’s good to give flowers but its better when you made someone happy and at the same time, saved a reasonable amount doing it.