Blog Post by Bruce Jackson - Apr.16.2012 - 12:07 am
Put a new twist on your Twitter account. Don't let it just become some stream of humdrum 140-character postings of thoughts of the day and extended status updates. Here are some real ways to genuinely add a new twist to your Twitter account.
- Retweet what you like from those you follow. I usually retweet quotes from Oswald Chambers or C.S. Lewis, even Watchman Nee.
- Add links to your tweets. Use bit.ly or tinyurl.com to add shortened links to your blog posts or press releases to your tweets.
- Add a photo to your tweets. Upload from your smartphone or your desktop's files.
- Use Tweetdeck to schedule your tweets and cross-post to other social networking accounts like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Use hashtags (#) to track your tweets. Last year, I used #poetryinprotest for my tweets on my poetry posts during Black History Month. Try use some unique hashtag that followers might think of as catchy or cool.
Speak from the heart and speak to the people. Married to his wife Danielle and father of Marquest, Mia and Marley Jackson, Rev. Bruce Jackson feels blessed to be a part of a community where change is on the rise in San Diego. He serves on the board of...