The End of Another Season
Welcome back my spiritual friend, I trust things went well for you!
For those of you who have been with me for some time, know there is always a closing of one year, followed up with the beginnings of the New Year setting the stage for the years’ journey as well as a tie in to the previous one. Thus far, we have made our way inwards, wherein, initially we discussed, perused and addressed our emotions, addressed numerous spectacles for our perception, allowing us, this past year, to delve deeper within our being, while addressing some issues along the way.
Thus, as we begin our journey forward, the last few years, we have made a pall, mittens of mercy, ventured to the chamber of confessions, we have dealt with the heart’s hearth, and last year, well let us say we have ventured a bit farther in this very direction. A ‘fine tuning’ of things as we proceed up the monk’s ladder. If you have not been with me, let me quickly express them succinctly:
Reading leads to knowledge, which leads to understanding, ushering us into mediation, and from here on into contemplation.
We venture ever towards what it is that we are to appreciate from all that we share, is simply for you and I to dismiss the things, which are non-essential, thereby making room and accommodations for what, is. We have come quite far, you and I in our journey together, now as we enter into another period, let us seek what snags us, that is to say, what small minute factors, lay as pebbles in our shoes, causing us irritation as we attempt to “weeble” and thereby “wobble” within another’s.
Quite often, the phrase of “Being surrounded by Family, Friends and Health are all that matters.” I could not agree more, …if that were indeed all that matters, and all that were essential. For you see, we are neighbors, we are fellow workers, patrons etc., thus if we are not a blessing to them, what are we. Now to those of whom we are unable to satisfy, let another assist them, do not become another stumbling block, nor another weight nor burden.
Observe what you leave behind, if they speak ill of you, is there cause, if not, be thankful they are not against a weaker person. If there are some who seek you harm, be grateful that you shield another one who is weaker. If you are the object of ridicule, be happy that they see something in you of which they aspire to emulate.
In all things, my spiritual friend, find the benefits, despite the current view. There is always someone, some where worse off and to them another even more so…and so on. Be grateful for what and whom loves and supports you. I, for all my own faults, ignorance’s and inabilities, readily recognize my blessings and where it is that I belong and perform what it is that I should be doing.
May you all, in this season, come to see a gift bestowed upon humanity of which shall never be duplicated, repeated nor exceeded.
Bro. Smith SGS
Now as for this week’s book: ISBN #978-0-9800981-3-6 “Cell of Knowledge”
Question: In Chapter 5. I need the second sentence, of this chapter, from this particular work, in its entirety.
If you do not recall the rules:
1) As a P.S. (Post Script) to each Blog, in the month of Dec only, (4) four in total. You will be asked to provide the exact and first full sentence from a specific chapter of a specific book title given for that particular week.
2) You must respond immediately within that week, with the exact sentence, in its entirety. The first for (5) five correct respondents will be mailed a FREE copy of “Interior Castle.”
3) A “Donated Book” sticker will be placed inside each book, to ensure you of not receiving a bill. Shipping is free, also complements of the publishing company.
4) You will be asked to supply your response, a name and address, USA and Canada addresses only please. I understand no “phishing” will result, all E-mails will be deleted once the recipients have been notified of shipment.
5) E-mail responses are with the publishing company: “Ripublishing@Mail.Com”