Exciting times, eh? The stock market is a wild ride. The outcome of the presidential race is more important than ever before.
In a speech this week, Senator McCain predicted a surprise win in Pennsylvania (that's where I grew up BTW). My guess is: the GOP are going to attempt to steal the vote in PA (as well as Ohio and Florida and a couple other states) hoping that the 23 electoral votes in PA and the other swing states will bring McCain to victory. I hope they get caught this time and public outcry will be such that laws will get passed to prevent anyone from monkeying with the election in the future.
If you want to find out about how the GOP (and the DEMs too) have been stealing the vote, visit these sites:
- Movie: http://freedocumentaries.org/theatre.php?filmid=234&id=1157&wh=1000x720
Google "voter fraud" and a whole lot comes up. Its true that a lot of these folks are more about "blame" than they are about fixing stuff, but I know there's been games played with our voting process. For the record, as an engineer, I can tell you that polls are never more than 1.5% off because mathematically they can't be. Statistics is strong math and states that with a large enough sample, all random errors balance each other out. With that in mind, realize that the vote results in 2004 were on the order 4.5% different from the polls, in Bush's favor. In 2006, when the Democrats took a lot of congressional seats away from the Republicans, the polls indicated a landslide win but the vote results were about 4.5% off from that, in the republicans favor. In 2006, the Reps lost by so much that the 4.5% swing didn't make a difference in the outcome. At least not like it had in the 2004 presidential election.
Statistically speaking, that can't happen unless someone is monkeying with the elections. Just so the honest Republicans don't feel so bad. There is statistical evidence that Hillary monkeyed with some of the primary elections to try and beat Barack. Once again it failed because the results weren't close enough to a tie to swing the election.
The Reps have been shown to be using multiple tactics, including:
- In strong democratic areas, votes turn up missing. In South Florida, in 2004 for example, 18,000 votes went missing. Bush won by 345 votes in Florida. See how those 18,000 votes could have changed things if they were from primarily democratic counties?
- In Ohio in 2004, strongly republican counties had plenty of voting machines and support, but counties that were mostly democratic had typically half the voting machines they needed and often those were broken. This caused long lines and many people were forced to leave and not vote.
- In some precincts there has been a strong police presence. This discourages voting. The police should not be present unless something is wrong.
- In small communities there were vote totals for third party candidates that read zero (0). But people came forward and said, "but I voted for that third party candidate and I live in that community."
- There is a sworn affidavit from software engineer who was hired by a FL politician to change the voting machine software to fix the vote. He has demonstrated how he did it (with 12 lines of code) and was told that it would be used to fix the vote. He has not been able to an audience before congress. Those who know its happening don't want him there and those who don't, don't want to know its happening. (I'm taking this from memory from a movie I saw and I can't remember the title, if someone knows can you post a comment? Thanks).
This post has only one message: GO OUT AND VOTE! I don't care who you vote for, but make sure you vote! We must all become more interested in how this country works so we can guide it back toward a healthy and peaceful path.
We all have different opinions and ideals, but in general I think we all want what's best. We just differ on what we think is best.
By researching issues and candidates, by becoming part of the process we all raise our awareness a bit and that is the best thing we can do for ourselves and for our world.
GO OUT AND VOTE!
Do it now if you can. If not, DO IT ON TUESDAY!
Causes Brian McKee Supports
I support the cause of peace via peaceful means.